== 1.0.5 ==
* updated our plugin update system
== 1.0.4 ==
* improved plugin update system
== 1.0.3 ==
* fixed php notices on 404 page
* fix icons appearing even if no link set
* added two actions
* added descriptions to options (must have WordPress 4.0)
* fixed documentation link
== 1.0.2 ==
* Added compatibility for universal aesop themes
== 1.0.1 =
* Bug fixes
== 1.0 ==
* Initial release
Isn’t it such a pain to have to setup your social links and Google Analytics with every new theme? O.K., so maybe it’s not that bad, but that’s a lot of time that you don’t have to spend!
Aesop Social stores all of your social information, so that you can take it with you when you’re ready to try on a new Aesop Theme. It’s also got Google Analytics integration as well, which means you won’t need additional plugins just to get this setup. Oh, and did we mention that you can take the settings with you from theme to theme?
While an official Aesop Theme is not required to use this plugin, all themes that we sell will utilize some, or all of the features of this plugin.
- all options accessed within the Customizer panel
- store your Facebook profile URL
- saves your Twitter handle
- inserts Google+ meta so you can verify your profile and site
- stores your Facebook App ID if you have one which enables rich sharing
- adds Twitter Cards with a fallback image
- adds Facebook Open Graph data with a fallback image
[aesop_image img=”http://aesopstoryengine.com/wp-content/uploads/edd/2014/03/aesop-social-options.jpg” caption=”We’re using Aesop Social on our site!” align=”center” captionposition=”left” lightbox=”off” imgwidth=”100%”]
The Facebook and Twitter meta options are really helpful to enable rich sharing across your website. This means when someone pastes a link into Facebook, it’ll show an image and the appropriate description. If a Featured image isn’t set for that post or page, it will use your fallback image. How neat!
Pre-Sales Questions ( 3 )