- Version 1.8.5 Open Changelog
- Support Forum Link
- Plugins Supported Aesop Story Highlights , Restrict Content Pro , Aesop Social
- Compare Themes Open Chart
== 1.8.5== release 11.14.17
* Fixed a couple of bugs for featured video
* Further style fixes for mobile.
== 1.8.4== release 10.9.17
* Added an option to turn on the audio for featured video (available in the edit post page with the CMB2 plugin installed.)
== 1.8.3== release 9.21.17
* Bug fixes for the menu
== 1.8.0== release 9.17.17
* The parallax feature now works on mobile.
* Added support for Woocommerce
* Better support for twitters and social plugins. The following plugins are supported out of box:
- Simple Social Button Adder
- AddToAny Share Buttons
- Sassy Sociall Sahre
== 1.7.3== release 7.22.17
* New option to turn mast to full screen for mobile
== 1.7.2== release 7.6.17
* Update to work with Aesop Story Engine 1.9.8
== 1.7.1== release 6.8.17
* Reveal animation option added for the index page
== 1.6.6== release 5.22.17
* The mast customization options have been added to pages
== 1.6.5== release 5.8.17
* More options to customize the look of the mast
== 1.6.2== release 4.18.17
* Style fixes for Aesop overlay contents
* Further fixes to support Aesop Character Carousel
* Added generic classes to article and post elements
== 1.6.1== release 3.26.17
* Fix for Aesop Character Carousel
* Fix for Aesop Image Component overlay content
* New option: Allow iframe in posts to break out full width.
== 1.5.9== release 3.12.17
* Allow background for the Content Component
* Allow height parameter for Parallax Component
== 1.5.7== release 11.5.16
* A search icon fix for mobile
* A new option to show the excerpts of posts.
== 1.5.6== release 11.1.16
* A fix for mobile
== 1.5.5== release 10.31.16
* Support for overlay texts for Aesop components
== 1.5.4== release 10.23.16
* Added Search Icon option for the header (Can be added from the Customize menu)
* The index page can now display multiple categories for each post
* Character component style fix.
== 1.5.2== release 9.26.16
* Changes needed to accomodate the new features in ASE 1.9.0
* Novella now allows Aesop Image Component to accept width parameter in pixels
== 1.5.0.== release 9.12.16
* Alternate option for \"Featured Video\"
* Automatic mime type for \"Featured Video\"
* Submenu and Subtitle support added.
== 1.4.2.== release 8.17.16
* \"Reading Time\" option added
* \"Featured Video\" fade-in added
== 1.4.1.== release 8.5.16
* \"Featured Video\" security improved
== 1.4.0.== release 7.17.16
* \"Featured Video\" has been added to the Edit Post page.
== 1.3.9.== release 7.5.16
== 1.3.8.== release 7.3.16
* fixed a bug with the header menu on mobile devices
* enabled the parallax featured image on pages
* previously, the maximum featured image width was restricted to 1200px. This limit is increased to 2048px for non-mobile devices.
* changed the behavior of the featured image on mobile devices.
== 1.3.7.== release 6.12.16
* fixed a bug with the Aesop Chapter components
* fixed a bug when using the right alignment for Aesop Pull Quotes using narrow (mobile) screens
== 1.3.6 == released 5.15.16
* fixed a menu bug for small screens
== 1.3.5 == released 4.9.16
* fixed some navigation offset errors
* Italian language files added, thanks to Alessandro
== 1.3.3 == released 3.1.16
* added post date display option
== 1.3.2 == released 1.16.15
* fixed Aesop Video and Video Chapter components visibility issues
* fixed the ase hook declaration
== 1.3.1 == released 6.7.15
* fixed pull quote color
* fixed bug with chapter toggle not displaying
== 1.3 == released 4.26.15
* fixed story progress sometimes not calculating properly
* responsive refinements to pages on mobile and tablet
* fixed bug with chapter toggle button appearing
== 1.2.2 = released 4.4.15
* fixed CSS issues with document component
* fixed CSS issues with Lasso
== 1.2.1 = released 3.1.15
* Fixed issue with height in Parallax component from ASE 1.5 update
* Pull quote compatibility with ASE 1.5
* Styling support for Jetpack Contact Form and Gravity Forms
== 1.2 == released 2.7.15
* Fixed issue with video widths if self-hosted not being centered
* Changed the media query breakpoint to 768px and fixed the menu overlay so that it scrolls if large number of items.
== 1.1 == released 12.13.2014
WARNING! This update includes support for Aesop Story Engine 1.4 being released on Wednesday 12.17.2014. This update to Aesop removes the metabox library that we use to create the story options in the posts here in Novella. So, you\'ll be instructed to install a plugin called CMB2. However, you don\'t have to install this until after you update Aesop Story Engine to 1.4.
We\'ve made sure that everything should be backwards compatible, so please let us know if you have any issues, bugs, or queries!
* added support for Sticky Maps feature in Aesop 1.3
* added support for Timeline component
* better vertical image support with caption alignment
* pingback style fixes
* fixed the Stacked Gallery images sometimes not showing in Chrome
* fixed the weird cropping issue with Thumbnail Gallery
* fixed the translation strings for the Load more Stories
* updated translatable strings
== 1.0.7 == released 10.15.2014
* added styling support for Aesop Gallery Pop and Aesop Events
* removed the background option for content component since Novella doesn\'t utilize this
* removed the un-necessary @import call which reduces load time _this should not affect child themes as child themes are enqueueing the proper css file
== 1.0.6 == released 09.30.2014
* fixed chapter component bug
== 1.0.5 == released 09.18.2014
* fixed translation strings not being able to properly translate
* updates all translation strings
* improvements to single post parallax feature
* fixed issues with parallax in Firefox
* added specific theme hook
* added styling for upcoming Aesop Events addon
* all settings in customizer update in real time
* added custom logo option
* fixed grid gallery captions with Aesop 1.1
* fixed certain captions not reflecting accent color
* fixed issue with showing posts on posts page
* options that aren\'t available to Novella within Aesop have been removed to reduce confusion
== 1.0.4 == released 09.05.2014
* Added by popular request, an option to enable a \"parallax like effect\" for single posts that have a featured image set. Enable within Customizer. Owners Manual also updated.
* Fixed bug with categories throwing an error if there were no categories
== 1.0.3 == released 08.29.2014
* Added collections component styling
* Added support for Aesop Social
* Fixed previous and next author
* Fixed broken translations and updated translation files
* Fixed super large vertical images in Image component
* Fixed blurry Stacked Gallery images on iOS
== 1.0.2 ==
* Fixed bug with Chapter modal not closing
== 1.0.1 ==
* Fixed weird stacking issue with menu in Windows on PC
* Fixed anchor links breaking on mobile
* Better i18n support
== 1.0 ==
* Initial Release
NEW! “Featured Video” support for posts and pages. Look at the example featured video page.
Novella is a breathtakingly gorgeous storytelling theme for WordPress, with full support for Aesop Story Engine. Novella will make your stories look amazing with its crisp typography, coordinating colors, and precision details.
Customize Novella with a couple of default colors to match the look that you’re going for. And, with individual story accent colors, each story can have a life all it’s own. Take a test drive and see for yourself.
- Link Color (you can also customize this for each story!)
- Accent Color (this can be customized for each story too!)
- Footer Text
- Parallax Featured Image
- NEW! Featured Video
- NEW! Subtitles, Submenus, and Time to Read
- NEW! Search Icon: You can add the search icon to the menu bar by enabling it from the Novella options menu.
- NEW! Reveal Animation: You can add the reveal animation to the index page by enabling it from the Novella options menu.
Writers and authors will appreciate Novella’s ability to sell your stories with built-in support for Restrict Content Pro.
The Novella front page features a stacked grid where you can use a background image (or color) for each story. One of the coolest features is the animation effect displayed at the top of each story that progresses as the reader scrolls down the page. Take a test drive to see it in action!
New option to enable reveal animation effects for the front page and archives.
New options to design the look of the mast are available. You can change the tint color of the featured image, enable caption overlay, change the width/height ratio of the mast, or remove the mast altogether.
Pre-Sales Questions ( 51 )
Focus on Typography
With Novella the focus is on typography, making your writings stand out above the rest.
Designed with longform in mind, Novella features a subtle progress bar denoting the length of each story.
Sell your stories
Full compatibility for Restrict Content Pro. Sell your stories on your on site, even subscriptions.
Refined for mobile
Novella was built from the ground up to be compatible with all mobile and tablet devices.