September 17, 2014 at 11:11 am #4192
I’m a brand new customer (just downloaded Novella yesterday!)and have a couple of questions.
1. Is it possible to remove the site name at the upper left and replace it with a custom logo?
2. I’m considering using Novella as a personal site, and am wondering if there is an easy way to remove the category and/or author name from the story listings.
Thanks for your assistance –
ChrisSeptember 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm #4214
Hi Chris! Welcome to Aesop! 🙂 To address your questions:
1. Novella doesn’t have a built-in option for a header logo, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible! Off the top of my head, I think the easiest way to do it would be to determine the CSS selector that styles the title and add a background image. However, I was just advised that due to the number of requests for a logo in Novella, we’ll be adding an option in, hopefully in the next update. I don’t have an ETA as of yet but it’s in the to-do list!
2. In my opinion, the easiest way to hide things is with CSS. Just determine the selectors and give it a
display: none;and it’ll disappear. 🙂September 17, 2014 at 6:42 pm #4218
Thanks very much for your response – will look forward to the ability to place a logo and will try modifying the CSS as you’ve suggested.
-Chris RorrerSeptember 18, 2014 at 12:16 pm #4237
Hi Chris. Just wanted to let you know that we’ve added the option to use a logo with Novella update 1.0.5. Just visit your WordPress admin to update. If no update is available, be sure you have entered your Novella license at WPadmin –> Appearance –> Novella License.September 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm #4239
Great! Looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks and regards,
Chris RorrerOctober 9, 2014 at 8:27 am #4732UConn MAGICParticipant
I know this topic is resolved, but on a related note – how does one access the CSS for the Novella theme?
Viewing the “style.css” document in Appearance > Editor, it appears to be importing the CSS from somewhere else.
/* Theme Name: Novella Theme URI: https://aesopthemes.com/novella Author: Aesopinteractive L.L.C. Author URI: https://aesopstoryengine.com Description: A precision crafted theme perfect for writers and storytellers alike. License: GNU General Public License v2 or later License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html Version: 1.0.4 Text Domain: novella */ @import 'assets/css/style.css';
So how would I go about editing this? Or at least copying and pasting it into the suggested CSS plugin to edit it?October 9, 2014 at 9:14 pm #4756
@UConn I replied to you about this topic at https://aesopstoryengine.com/topic/interaction-with-bootstrap-min-css/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.